The U=U Global Community
Prevention Access Campaign invites organizations working in HIV/AIDS or related fields to sign on to the U=U campaign as a U=U Community Partner
U=U Community Partners join a growing global network that is exchanging ideas, strategies, and resources to share the Undetectable = Untransmittable message accurately and meaningfully with the communities they serve.
Sharing the Undetectable = Untransmittable message provides an unprecedented opportunity to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV and to dismantle HIV stigma. It has far-reaching public health implications for engagement across each stage of the treatment cascade and for expanded access to treatment and care.
- Community partners agree that scientific evidence has confirmed that a person living with HIV who is on ART and has an undetectable viral load cannot transmit HIV to sexual partners.
- Community partners agree we can confidently say that a person living with HIV who is on ART and has an undetectable viral load cannot transmit HIV to sexual partners.
- Community partners agree that the personal health and prevention benefits of viral suppression are platforms to underscore the importance of universal access to treatment and care for all people living with HIV worldwide.
- Community partners agree that treatment is a personal choice, that treatment is first and foremost for personal health, that there are unjust barriers to accessing treatment, that not all people living with HIV will achieve an undetectable viral load, and there is no place for stigmatizing anyone living with HIV at any viral load.
- Community partners agree to support the U = U message. Please use the hashtag #UequalsU in your social media. We’ll provide you with suggestions to join in spreading the word!